My main goals in life are organized around three areas:
In that order. Health is the foundation. Without it you have nothing, as your mind is manifest in your body, and everything you do or experience is through your body. As a long-term sufferer of chronic pain I’ve learned this all too well.
Wealth is an enabler. They say time is money, but the more accurate way to look at it is that money is time. We work to exchange time into money through wages and once you’ve build capital you can use it to invest (using money to make more money) and to buy goods and services that save you time, or experiences that enable the rest of life. Money is neither good nor bad, it’s the energy to do things.
Women includes sex and relationships. Western culture doesn’t like to admit it but men need sex to feel right. Any man that goes more than two weeks without sex is failing at something. But more importantly relationship are what makes life worthwhile.
My personal goals then for 2019 are for me to achieve the following:
- I’ve eliminated my chronic pain and restored full sensation and function. I will do this through my ongoing regimen of massage, PT, dry needling, and possible surgery
- I’ve continued to stay lean and fit with a waist < 35″ by:
- eating low carbohydrates
- intermittent fasting (only eat between 12p and 8p)
- eating home cooked meals as much as possible
- no alcohol
- get 7+ hours of sleep per night
- lift twice a week
- daily PT
- optimize my hormonal balance (reduce my SHBG levels)
- I’ve restored my shoulder so I can swim 30 min’s a week without pain
- I build my side business to $3K / month net profit
- I hit my net worth targets for year end
- I find a better home base to live in besides San Francisco (I will be traveling to Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, NYC, Krakow, Prague, Moscow, St Petersburg, and the Philippines this year – all to look for better home bases)
- I’ve maintained a healthy rotation of attractive younger women in my life who’s company I enjoy
- I’ve executed a threesome
- I’ve fathered at least one child through sperm donation
I reserve the right to refine these as I get better information
These were easy to set because they build on what I’ve been doing for quite some time and in most ways are a continuation of my goals from the past few years. Since my divorce at the beginning of 2014 my entire focus has been to build my freedom and ideal lifestyle. It’s been a time of extensive experimentation as I’ve found what works and doesn’t work for me.
This has been hugely rewarding, but as I’m getting closer to achieving all of these goals I’ve realized something is missing. And that missing element is having a larger purpose or mission. I’m close to being free where work is optional and I can spend my time where and how I want. Not super rich but comfortable.
The question is, what do I want to do with my freedom? Who do I want to help? What legacy do I want to leave? I haven’t yet answered these questions.
At 44 years old, I know who I am and how I like to spend my time. I’ve always looked at life as the present – the closer my regular 24 hour day is to my ideal day, the better I’m living.
Maybe it’s because I don’t have kids but lately I’ve been feeling like something is missing. I’ve made huge improvements to my health, my dating life, and now in starting up a side business beyond my career.
But what comes next when I’ve hit my goals in 1-3 years?