Two weeks in to the pandemic shutdowns and I’m sure many of us are experiencing cabin fever. And we still may have several weeks to go.
Daygame and nightgame have dried up, and even online girls are nervous about coming out.
Rotation game is what we have for now. And likely extra time on our hands.
That’s no excuse to get soft. This is the perfect time to work on important goals, a side business, or catching up on your reading.
It’s also no excuse not to work out. If you’re not going out to eat it’s easier than ever to follow good nutrition.
And with a few basic pieces you can put together a home gym that covers 80% of what you need.
Here’s my set up for my apartment in NYC:
In addition I use this very inexpensive chinup bar.
Taken together, I can put together a solid workout such as this one I do twice a week:
1) Incline DB Bench Press: 3 sets x 5-8 reps
2) Pull-ups: 3 sets x 10 reps
3) Standing Overhead Shoulder Press: 3 sets x 5-8 reps
4) Standing Overhead Tricep Press: 3 sets 5-8 reps
5) Biceps Curls: 3 x 6-10 reps
6) Planks: 3 sets x 60 seconds (contract abs as hard as possible)
I do the sets slow, meaning 6 seconds up and 6 seconds down to protect my injuries.
Give it a try. You may find you’d rather not go back to gym workouts when this whole virus thing blows over.