Hard to believe but this New Year’s marks the one year anniversary of this blog. I had a few hours of downtown during the heat of each day while I was adventuring in Bangkok and at Red Quest’s suggestion I took the opportunity to put a few thoughts on there.
I never expected it to be more than a place to share thoughts with just a small circle of guys I know, but without trying to this blog has grown to about 1,000 unique visitors per month. I’m grateful for your interest.
One of the benefits to having this blog is that it helps me capture my thoughts and memories before they fade away off into the ether. It’s a funny thing how the human brain perceives time.
If you do the same thing each day, go to the same place, and spend time with the same people, the years will fly by and you’ll look back at your life a decade later and wonder where the time went.
But instead if you are constantly doing new things, spending time in new places, making new experience, and building relationships with new people, time will actually appear to slow down…in a good way.
This has absolutely been my experience over the past six years since my divorce. I’ve done more things, lived in more places, had more experiences, made more memories, and fucked way more girls than I did in the previous 15 years.
And that’s made the experience of my life seem longer, with more positive experiences in just a few years than many have in a lifetime.
This brings me to a key annual exercise I took from Good Looking Loser. Each year on new year’s I take a bit of time to list out all of the positive, fun memories I’ve had from the prior year.
I make myself do this off the top of my head, no looking at pictures or calendars or notes. Once I’ve drained my brain of everything I can think of I count up the number of memories as a indicator to myself to see if I’m living right.
My own personal goal is to have at least 52 a year…an average of at least one per week. I’m happy to say I’ve easily beat this each year I’ve tried this exercise.
It’s important as a man to not just achieve your goals but also take the time to live your life and make memories. The time goes by much too quickly to not be doing this.
Give it a try and see for yourself.
I’ve listed a few of my fun experiences in 2019 in past posts including:
- My first same day lay of the year during a short trip to Kuala Lumpur.
- Three lays in a week during my winter trip to NYC.
- A next level acid trip with one of my favorite all time girls.
- Ongoing game adventures that I summarized here.
The more personal experiences I don’t share on this blog, but a few key highlights that I haven’t written about included:
- Spending a month living in Greece working through a difficult side project of mine.
- A short weekend solo daygame trip to Belgrade.
- Going deep into a BDSM experience with my of my regulars.
- Bringing a girl I dated two years ago when she was 18 back into my rotation this fall. It’s been better the second time around as she’s matured into a nice sweet spot (it helps that she looks like one of my favorite porn stars).
- An extended scuba diving trip to Kona.
- Organizing and enjoying a set of great dinners conversations with a solid group of guys over the course of the year including Nash, Runner, Red Quest, J, Long Burn da Fire, Highgame, Breeze, and Mr V.
- The online connections I’ve made as well with Red Pill Dad, Red CoCo, and Yoylo.
- Road trip to Santa Cruz with Little Me including sneaking in multiple opportunities for public sex quickies.
Life is short. Make the most of it my friends.